HORTON PT. LIGHTHOUSE
Horton Point Lighthouse
The Horton Point Lighthouse was constructed by the U.S. Lighthouse Service in 1857. It is one of seven historic lighthouses located in Southold Township. The tower and adjoining keepers residence are built on the "Cliff Lot" of Barnabas Horton's original 1640 land grant.
The tower is 58 feet tall and once held a 3rd order Fresnel lens. The lighthouse was managed by several men during its history until its automation in 1933.
In a 1990 restoration project, the tower was repaired internally and externally, reopened, and relit. At that time, the lower level of the Keeper's House was converted into Southold Historical Society's Nautical Museum. The Lighthouse is listed on both the State & National Registers of Historic Places.
Open Memorial Day through Mid September
Saturday & Sunday 11:30am - 4:00 pm
Suggested admission to the Lighthouse is $5.00 per person or $10.00 per family. Includes both museums!
Parking at Horton Point Lighthouse is available in the Southold Park District’s lot for a $5 fee (if not a Park District resident). Street parking is by Southold Town Permit only.